Pages

31 January 2012

Too Cold

Our comfort for the day/week
Well, the start f the week has not started off well. The kids have been ill with the flu and as of today we are all forbidden to go out for the rest of the week. That and this week is supposed to be the coldest it's been this winter. And yes, it is really really cold outside. To put that into perspective here is our weather forecast for the rest of the week.

Poznań, Greater Poland Voivodeship:

Tue 23° | 3°    Wed  14° | 1°      Thu  10° | 3°      Fri  12° | -6°

And that's in Fahrenheit people! So, yes the fire is a welcome sight. We have all been congregating to the living room amid all the blankets on the couch. I am making the kids chicken, rice, and carrots. I only think I have a slight case of what they have, so amid all the water, honey, garlic, and vitamin C tablets I have been taking, I am hoping the slight case of a plugged nose will quickly go away. Besides I have a guest tomorrow, so I need to get better! My sweet decided to come for the weekend and will be here until next Wednesday. Now isn't that some nice news, and there was no convincing him otherwise to postpone it a week, so..... I just hope he doesn't get ill too. :P

Otherwise the week has been good. I took a bus to town so I could spent the weekend with my friend. We had a lovely time spending the evening looking for a nice local Polish pottery place that she told me about. I am so excited! I really want to buy some authentic pottery. They are so pretty. We also had a lovely night watching movies and eating popcorn, having church in the morning and participating in a 48 hour worship service that was held at a local office building nearby. I thought this was so cool to have a bunch of local churches taking part in this and to have that time to worship with them was truly God-given--even if I wasn't feeling well. I was so happy to be there, but my whole body just ached. Being out in the cold didn't help either. After the worship we made our way to the train station where I booked my ticket back home. Can you imagine it only cost me $1.12! Transportation is so cheap here. Found Platform 2 and was standing out there in the cold only to find out at the last minute that the platform was really not the one I needed. To clarify I asked a lady nearby in (very) broken Polish if this was the one I needed to get on to which she said no. So I ran back upstairs, took a look at the board, ran back down and went to Platform 5. Ironically there was no indication on the board outside which town this train was going to--the sign was blank. sigh. There was a young couple standing outside the train so I briefly held up my piece of paper that had the train time and city written on it and pointed to the train. She nodded affirmative, and I hadn't missed it yet! So that was my train adventure. Got off on the right stop, but A got confused and was at the wrong stop to pick me up. There are two towns with similar names. So similar in fact that they are only different by a letter and an accent mark--Puszczykówko vs. Puszczykowo. You can imagine the confusion. So I had to wait a little bit before she came to get me, but all is well.

My next post ( I promise) is of some Polish food with pictures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment