Pages

11 January 2012

In the Still of the Night

A sanctuary for those who believe 
Probably one of my favorite moments from tonight was a nice evening chat with J over supper. He is what all men should be--respectable, kind, and knows how to laugh, long and deep. He and A are a wonderful couple, and incredible hosts. I am lucky to be their au pair and 'other child' in a sense. He was looking through a handmade calender that had been specially made for them with pictures of the kids and Bible verses printed on each page. Perhaps this was my favorite moment because on certain phrases he asked me to explain the meaning in English so he could translate it to the youngest. How do you describe 'behold', or what does it mean when they say to 'fight the good fight'? What do they mean when they say 'take hold'? I could not have been more proud, to not only share my love of Scripture with them, but also to help them understand in their tongue what the words mean.

I have experienced such a peace while being here, even if I was unsure of my purpose. It is enough knowing He has a plan for me. He always does.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment