Pages

16 January 2012

They are gone--disappeared. I am speaking my favorite pair of grey/silver fingerless gloves. I simply can't find them anywhere, and I am pretty sure I haven't worn them while here. To be sure I am quite upset, partially at the fact that there is a good chance I put them in a special place for 'safe keeping', only at the moment I don't know where that is. Le sigh.

On to better news. It has been lightly snowing most of the morning. A nice dusting but not enough to be considered hazardous or anything to look at really. Although the drive to the swimming pool this morning was very beautiful as the snow covered the multitude of fields and the little houses along the way. I briefly took some photos of myself outside, but I imagine with more snow the landscape would look more spectacular. More pics soon.

Decided to make the kids something different than just toast with jam and fruit for 'second breakfast'. I made them oatmeal, or porridge, instead with a little brown sugar to change things up. Cecylia came into the room, saw the small bowls on the table and her eyes lit up. Smiling at me she says 'This is my favorite!' I was happy they approved so much. In terms of cooking for them they seem to eat pretty well. Marcel is the pickiest. However, I have been told that I cook vegetables very well... and better than E. I kinda felt bad when they said that, at least for her, but I am glad that what I prepared (minus the salty bread, and Marcel not liking roasted tomatoes) has been met with mostly happy faces. I plan on making them some cookies soon for their daily 'sweet snack'. It amazes me how many small meals they have in a day. They usually ask why I eat so little. Oh, and also why I am not ticklish. :)

I must go prepare their snack. Today it's grandma's leftover poppyseed cake from Christmas and some fruit. Toodles!

**Revise: Since this morning it has been picking up the pace with snow! Here is our brief 5 min break from school. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment