Pages

30 December 2011

Second best or an apprentice?

Three days in Poland. In many ways it feels like home, and yet in so many ways I am observing and taking in so much. Not only am I taking in how the kids behave, how the household works, what times to prepare things, and where to go each day, but also I am having to fill some pretty big shoes. I can't say I am really in charge quite yet since E is still very much still their nanny. This is good, and I feel like I am learning alot just by listening and seeing how she does things. Most definitely I will do a my own version of all of these things, but I think seeing a precedent will help me to acquire knowledge of what to expect and perhaps how to handle certain situations. I can't say everything will be easy or that I will always know what to do, but I am confident that I will be able to take everything one stride at a time. Perhaps I will even be considered just as good as her. I hope so.

There is still so much that I think about. Will they like what I cook for them? Will I be compared to what they had before? Yes, I think somewhat that will happen--but perhaps not for the worst. Will they like me? Silly question, but it still crosses my mind sometimes. It's so easy to feel only second best, but I keep telling myself that there is a reason for that now. I am being trained, and only when she leaves will I be tested. I plan on passing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment