Pages

02 December 2011

Time

 Time. It has a place for everything.

I find myself a mere two weeks away from my departure from the States; somehow the time can't go fast enough. In such a short time I am preparing, mentally and physically, for my long awaited adventure and life building experience. In such a long time I am trying to imagine the day already here. In eight days I say goodbye to my job as an underpaid department store clerk (nothing wrong with that if you enjoy it) and start a new life more in tune with my passion and love--the English language. I cherish this time of goodbyes and hellos. It only means that new horizons are in sight and right now they are in a sunbathed light of fresh purples, teals, peaches, and bright scarlets. Who knew the world could be filled with such amazing things.

In the throes of preparing, I find myself wanting to pull out the suitcase and start to fill it. Unfortunately I know that packing for an entire year in just one suitcase is no small feat, so I am trying to convince myself to wait until next week. (It's so hard!) In the meantime, I have been shopping for last minute things I will need, a bit of clothes shopping in there, and some gifts for the family. I already have them wrapped, that's good right?

I must admit I have a new obsession. Brace yourself... knee high socks. Yes, knee highs. And now to those don't know what it is about them, because truthfully, I don't even like wearing socks that often, but somehow this year I am so enthralled by all the pretty patterns, and the softness and the cute marketing they show on what to pair up with them, that I have become obsessed with getting new ones. I can wear them with boots, layer them with tights, and wear them with flats. Oh yes, it is quite amusing.

I think my modern style conscious didn't kick in until now in my 20s. I can say I don't think I wore what was considered 'in style' as a child, or as a teen for that matter. But now, especially working in a department store where you are constantly being buried in clothes, my eye for cute outfits has really emerged. Maybe I got older, who knows. All I know is, I am digging the tights and shorts, and the layered longsleeve T with a dress over. Oh and boots--love the boots. Tune in next time for more updates on the last week home.

No comments:

Post a Comment