Pages

23 December 2011

Christmas Eve Eve

Having been in the UK for about a week, so much has happened since then! First off, arrival was quite an interesting event, but all is well. I got through customs, and my bag arrived safe! Yay! :) I have had some worries about my upcoming trip to Poland, but hopefully it is all sorted. We shall see after Christmas... pray that all goes well for me dear readers in my next installment of travel next week.
The weather here has been surprisingly mild, with only a few days that have been purely English--cold and wet. Most days have been like home, although I have heard that home had a tornado watch and in December too! Craziness. At any rate my fluffy coat has been keeping me very warm. I literally can't feel a single thing when it is on. Oh and if you are wearing it in a very warm shop, you will feel like you are in a sweat shop. It was a very good purchase. :)


I am so very very happy to be here with my love and his family. Christmas here has been different but altogether just as meaningful. I love walking through High Street and smelling the pastries from Greggs, hearing a bag piper playing on the corner, and seeing all the Christmas displays in the shop windows. The carol service last week was also so beautiful. I really do miss hearing the choir singing at Christmas. 


Now to see if we get a White Christmas! (It doesn't look promising, haha) 
Love to you this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment