Pages

30 September 2011

Patient endurance

"So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised." Hebrews 10:35-36
So here I am down to the wire. In just a few short days I will know the answer of whether I got my first choice au pairing job overseas! Also, this week has really been an eye opener to me in not only future prospects but also in relationships. I've also learned alot about myself and my past self too. Lots of good things from all that God has revealed. Here's a few:

 -  My relationship with God is foremost what sets me apart from those who don't know Him. Likewise, this special bond has made me closer and more aware of how to be in a relationship. I am constantly learning what love is and how it grows and develops. It's really a wonderful thing to experience. The real and true love that's worth fighting for.

-  I've also learned alot about job hunting in the past 3 or so months. I've come to understand that it's not as easy as it looks. People don't always snatch you up and employ you first thing after university. It's also taught me humility in being so sure of my future plans. Ultimately I can dream and wish about what would be nice to have, but God is who works up my own special plan. I have come to be patient, to not be so negative when nothing comes up, and to take this as an experience in endurance and faith. Somewhere somehow there is a real-life job out there waiting. When it comes I'll be ready.

-  Au pairing will definitely be a life changing experience and I am so glad I registered! I know I have stated before at how blown away I am at all the offers I have gotten (and continue to get). This really was a big thing that God has shown me in the past few months as if He was trying to get me pushed in the right direction to be steady on my potential journey in the job sector, especially in something related to the English language. He knows best--always.

-  Patience truly is a virtue and in the past few years I have come to experience how to be patient in so many ways. I've also become more and more of a true believer of what faith is and how it works. No one can teach you this until you actually experience how to acquire, believe, and understand what it means. How God has molded me is part of finding faith and understanding how to have faith in what you can not know or see, and that if you really want something faith makes believing what God wants for you so much easier to come to believe and want yourself. Such an amazing thing and I really really am grateful for this experience.

This being said, I will finally know what is to come of the decision about the au pairing family--the one I am really hoping I get. I am to have a short chat with them this weekend when they will tell me whether I got the job or not. I am so excited! It's so close, and I really feel confident that they will say yes. After all this time of correspondence back and forth and an interview with my parents the answer is finally close at hand. Two more days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment