Pages

28 August 2010

Pure gemmy by the way

What can I say, a lot has been going on the past few weeks. Not only do I work every weekday morning from 6am until noon, but I also am doing a writing internship and am a full time student! Times are exciting. Times are busy. Times need to be longer! Needless to say, while I am busy, I have still been able to capture those special and wonderful moments from day to day.

Today for example, was a day in which I spoke to a few of my international friends. One of which I speak to pretty regularly, but some moments render themselves as ones that stick more than others. It was a nice chat, embracing the usual teasing banter with a side of serious compliments that would make you smile. Some friends are worth keeping, and this one is worth all of it. Also, got to chat to a member of the church I attended while doing study abroad in England. He recently had a short vacation here in the States and was telling me about the great fun he and the family had while here. Hence, the meaning behind my title for this post. Means something 'good' when talking among friends. I like it! And the third conversation was with a girlfriend of mine whom I keep in touch with from Scotland. She has such a contagious bubbly personality and I am grateful for every chance that I get to hear her say 'heeeeey how are you??'. Oh the little things that make us laugh or smile. I hope we never lose that.

I have started an internship with the Writing Center at my university. Not much to report in the beginning stages. Things are slow since the beginning of term, but I am excited at the opportunity to help students with their writing once it picks up a little. The people who work there are nice, and for now it's been great to chat and get to know them better. The beginning of this term has been a busy one certainly, but I am that much closer to graduation next year! In fact, I am really excited to be almost done. About 9 months now I think.. yeah! May couldn't come any sooner. Here's to the journey and that in all the busy scheduling that I won't forget what is 'pure gemmy'.

No comments:

Post a Comment