Pages

25 August 2011

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

After a few wonderful months away from home, I am now back to the grind of all things 'normal'. I say this because sometimes I wish I could go back to adventurous and spontanteous sightseeing and being in Europe. Ah life. I have to say though I had a wonderful time; just as it should be and how I expected. I knew I would fall in love with England all over again, and miss the lavender that grew everywhere, and trips to the market and grocery store for amazing dinners and times spent in the kitchen, walks in the park with D, and waking up every morning so very glad to be where I was. Now I am home. Home, just home but somehow it doesn't feel like home anymore. Is that then 'normal'?

Since arriving home I have begun to think alot about being a grown up. I have a university degree now, I have a job (albeit not one I want to have), I still am in the process of finding my own place, and have some offers to au pair overseas. All good things going for me right? Right. But how do I know what is next? That's just the thing. I can't and don't know what I am to do next or where it is that God is going to place me. I think this past week I have come to understand that worrying about it only makes my stress level peak and that it doesn't make me listen any better or acknowledge that some things can't be planned. You just have to let them fall into place. I am telling myself that daily, and hopefully I can hear Him speaking to me of where I am to be. Waiting can be so hard sometimes, but I know that it leads to something more wonderful than I can ever dream up or plan myself. Pray for me, my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment