Pages

26 September 2010

Butter, flour, sugar, eggs...

"Non-cooks think it's silly to invest two hours' work in two minutes' enjoyment; but if cooking is evanescent, so is the ballet."
Julia Child

~Freshly bakes pizzelles from yours truly~
 And Julia was right! It seems to be that many have forgotten this amazing art form - the art of cooking. For me there is no greater time spent than in the kitchen. I could cook and bake all day if allowed a whole day to making dinners, breads, pies, pastries, and the like. It makes me smile. My petition to you, my devoted reader, is to remember the love of making food, and for goodness sake, take out that mixing bowl and whisk and get going! It will be rewarding if you do, and your family and friends will love you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment